Wednesday, April 15, 2015

REMEMBERING MY ADOLESCENT SELF

REMEMBERING MY ADOLESCENT SELF:
1.What were you like as a teenager?I was pretty.I was a cheerleader and hated it so I quit.I loved nature especially the mountains.I loved art and took classes at The School if The Art Institute of Chicago, after I had taken every art course offered to me at my high school.I dated a bit. I was involved in a Reformed Jewish Youth group with my best friends and we spent weekends on retreats and singing modern versions of important prayers to different synagogues through the Chicago area. I taught and wrote art courses for kindergartners at the Jewish community centers in the Chicago area.
2.What were some of your dreams as a teenager for your future?I wanted to be an artist and an art teacher for young children.I loved to travel and I loved the mountains and Colorado,so I had a dream of living in Colorado in the mountains and travelling summers and making art and teaching art to children during the year,that was my dream.
3.What did you want to be when you grew up?
An artist..always an artist since I was 7 years old.
4. Who were your biggest role models when you were a teenager?Mrs Cerf,my first art teacher at age 7. I was allowed to be in her adult classes so that was a bit intimidating at such a young age. My aunt Lilian Fishbein, who was an artist and showed at the art Institute of Chicago.Mr and Mrs Bergman, who were my grandmother's best friends and lived next door to us in Hyde park,Chicago.They collected art and had all the original Cornell boxes which I could visit anytime in their home(the boxes are now in the art institute of Chicago with a wing named Mr and Mrs Bergman collection)

This is a photo of my parents and siblings and myself at the age of 17,I am next to my dad, second from the left.
This is a photo of me at 12 years old in Spain with the gypsies



ART CREATED WHEN I WAS 17 and WENT TO AN ASSISTED CARE FACILITY AND DREW A WOMAN NAMED GEORGIA<SEE THE ART BELOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment